
George Salamis exits Newcore Gold's board after 12 years as shareholders re-elect six directors and re-approve the incentive plan at the annual meeting.
Newcore Gold Ltd. (TSX-V: NCAU, OTCQX: NCAUF) shareholders voted through all resolutions at the company's annual meeting July 23, including the re-election of six incumbent directors. The Vancouver-based gold developer said 150,033,640 common shares were voted, representing 48% of the total outstanding.
George Salamis did not stand for re-election, stepping down after more than a decade on the board. Salamis, who is President and CEO of Integra Resources Corp., had been on Newcore's board since December 2014, through the company's early work on the Enchi Gold Project in Ghana.
"I want to thank George for his dedication and valuable contributions over the past decade, a tenure that traces back to the Company's founding chapter and the acquisition of the Enchi Gold Project," Chairman Doug Forster said in a statement.
The board now consists of Forster, Blayne Johnson, Luke Alexander, Omaya Elguindi, Ryan King, and Michael Vint. Shareholders also re-approved the company's long-term incentive plan and re-appointed PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as auditor.
Newcore is advancing the Enchi Gold Project in Ghana, Africa's largest gold producer by 2025 output, according to the World Gold Council. The company's 248 square kilometre land package covers 40 kilometres of the Bibiani Shear Zone, a gold belt that hosts several multi-million-ounce deposits including the Chirano mine 50 kilometres to the north.
Prepared with AlphaScala editorial tooling from the source reporting linked above. Indexable analysis may include a cited Alpha Score value. Publishing checks screen each story before release. Educational coverage, not personalized advice.