
Fury Gold Mines evacuated its Eau Claire camp in Quebec after a wildfire approached. Exploration is suspended. CEO Tim Clark said safety was the priority.
Fury Gold Mines pulled all personnel from its Eau Claire camp in Northern Quebec after a forest fire moved within range of the site. The company suspended exploration and drilling activities as a precaution, it said Tuesday.
The evacuation was coordinated with local authorities. No injuries were reported. Fury said it was monitoring the situation with provincial fire officials and would provide updates on when work could resume and whether the suspension would affect its Phase 2 drill program at the property.
“The safety of our people is our top priority,” CEO Tim Clark said. “We are grateful to our team and to local authorities for ensuring an orderly and safe evacuation.”
For now, the company does not expect a material impact on its previously disclosed drill program at Eau Claire, located in the James Bay region of the Eeyou Istchee Territory. The property is a gold project Fury has been advancing toward development. The company also holds a 5.8% equity stake in Contango Silver and Gold.
Fury expects to issue another statement once the wildfire threat passes and crews can return to site. No timeline for that was given.
Prepared with AlphaScala editorial tooling from the source reporting linked above. Indexable analysis may include a cited Alpha Score value. Publishing checks screen each story before release. Educational coverage, not personalized advice.